Change. It. Up.
Redefining Business Development
"If you see a bandwagon, it’s too late." -James Goldsmith
Change - it’s inevitable. The time has come to re-evaluate how business development functions within your organization. One thing that hasn’t changed is the fact that building strategic relationships with the right people lead to growth. What do I know for sure? Having the appropriate people with the proper skill set, expectations, and deliverable out in the field will rock your world.
In this session, Julie will share all of the nuts and bolts of a successful business development function; whether you have branch managers taking a more active role, a dedicated BD department, or a combination approach. We will walk through the key components that will add clarity and put you on the road to success.
- Interview process and why it’s critical
- Changing up the job description
- Skill set – what’s important
- How a good incentive plan can motivate
- Where BD falls in the organizational chart
- What a powerful value proposition looks like
- Business development business plan examples
- Why utilizing a CRM is important
- Metrics to measure success
- How to hold employees accountable for results